Sunday, May 20, 2007

A day in Kenosha

I rode with my sister-in-law's boyfriend today in Kenosha. He mentioned the velodrome and I jumped on it. I've never ridden in one before, and I was dying to try it. Even though I was on my mountain bike, I thoroughly enjoyed it. We rode for about 2 hours total. I took about 6 or 7 laps in the velodrome, and pulled out because I knew we had a wicked headwind for the ride back. I was cold anyway, and then, near the end, we got caught in the rain. I was really cold then. That's ok with me. I was just glad to be riding. I took a hot shower when I got back, and I was as good as new. I felt stronger than yesterday. I rode the velodrome right to gasping, but I backed off and still felt pretty good. I felt strong in the headwind all the way back. I'd like to race Wednesday night. Insty is making plans for Memorial Day weekend. One day is Chicago, one at Devil's Lake and one at Madison. I hope the weather is nice. Between her sickness and today's bad weather, we need to celebrate our anniversary (of our engagement) properly. We usually go back to the Arboretum and walk and talk, and just be happy. We went last year 3 days after my hernia surgery. I think I walked hunched over, and I slept a lot afterwards, but I think it got me back into shape quicker. I was back to work on the 4th day...still hunched over.

No comments: