Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile. I've never finished anything I've started and I didn't want to add a blog to the list. We'll see how this goes. I figure that my new blog has a chance. It's about biking and I've stuck to that for 2+ years. Plus, a couple of the blogs I've been reading had me cracking up this week! No promises as to the quality of this blog. I am just going to consider it for my own entertainment.

I have a low end Trek mtb and a 1975 Schwinn that I got from Goodwill for $10.00. Of course, I have probably put $100 into the Schwinn. Yesterday, I finally took it down to the bike shop to double check the seatpost size before I try to hammer my new seatpost into the frame. It turns out that the hole is out of round and it cost ten bucks to bore the hole out to the right size. I can't complain. I come closer to actually fitting on the bike now. So I went home and tried it out. I would have gone mtb'ing but it had been raining.

I have raced the Citizen class in WORS 3 times in 2005 and once in 2006. I usually ride/workout for about an hour. I have been having some trouble getting ride time this spring. Things are better now that the weather is getting better. I have been riding with a few friends of mine out at Kettle Moraine and this spring we did a few road rides which is new for us. Our rides have been longer than an hour which is good since the only racing I am going to do this year is going to be on Wednesday nights.

So to keep the ride times up. I rode the Schwinn for 2.5 hours yesterday in the rain. I rode down to Wind Lake and back all on the small ring. I'll have to look into that. If the weather is decent this weekend, I'll ride at KM or Alpine Valley, if not, I'll try to catch the Sat. morning road ride.

No comments: