Tuesday, May 22, 2007

[Expletive]

Nothing specifically went wrong today, but it was just one of those days that makes you wonder if you're stepping forward or stepping back. I was having IFL Battleground fantasies today. A nice flying elbow. Not to anyone. Just my computer monitor. Just stress boiling up. I'll be better tomorrow when I get a few miles in. I'm not sure if I'm going to make the race tomorrow. I'll try. Heck, I haven't seen how much it's rained. We might not race.

I spent the night watching NCIS and tuning up my bike. On Saturday, guy-with-no-nickname-yet pointed out that my rear derailleur was bent, so I bent the hanger closer to a proper position. I also adjusted my rear brake which will guarantee that it will drag or squawk or both. I adjusted the cones or whatever they're called on the rear wheel because there was some play in the wheel. We'll see what the adjustments do. Oh yeah, I retightened the seat post clamp. With these adjustments, I should give it a test ride, but I'm saving up my expletives for tomorrow.

No comments: