Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Race"

I'm not sure if what I did yesterday could be called racing. It was pathetic, but I think I won in my height category. I should get bonus points for each branch I hit with my head. If you hear something behind you that sounds like a Buick rolling down a hill through underbrush with an intermittent "dunk....dunk" sound that's just me and my helmet.

It was my first race of the year and I'm glad I did it. It sure let me know where I was at-almost last. Well, I did alright. I mean, I was faster than some of those guys and they probably didn't even fall down....twice. And, the lap I stopped to adjust my seat height was not my slowest lap. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Tomorrow, we are going to KM if it's not too soggy, and if it is, we are going to road ride.

No comments: